Friday, July 6, 2012

Moss Stitch Scarf


I started knitting this scarf soooo many years ago that I don't even remember when I started it! I think I need to date my projects so I keep a record of my UFOs (UnFinished Objects) so I will be riddled with guilty to complete them.

I used Bendigo Woolen Mills' Colonial 8 ply yarn in Cherry which has since been discontinued. I bought two "hanks" of 200 grams, because I didn't know what a "hank" was (now I know, and even though it has a lovely twist, I'll be sticking to balls of yarn instead!).

I used 4mm needs and casted on 50 stitches following a moss stitch pattern. I have used about 320 grams of yarn (the rest were used to make my crocheted granny square blanket), and the scarf measures 21.5cm x 150cm.

Row 1: *K1, P1 (repeat from *) [end with P stitch]
Row 2: *P1, K1 (repeat from *) [end with K stitch]

Perseverance (and guilt) pays off so now I get to enjoy my lovely red scarf at last!


No comments:

Post a Comment